Anyone who undergoes a Transformation will want to give of themselves by sharing their success with others. It is part of the Transformation mindset. We succeed in life because of hard work using our natural talents and abilities and because we all stand on the shoulders of the giants that came before us, giants in thoughts, and actions, and deeds.
Just think of all of the knowledge and expertise that was available to us as we were learning. Think of all of the teachers and mentors that have helped to define and shape us along the way. I can’t say that I ever succeeded at anything that I didn’t have help from someone else.
Step #12 of Transformation is I am going to share my success with others.
This does not mean that you should go forth and tell everyone you know, and a good many you don’t know, how successful you have become. Step #12 says that you should share your success, not your successes.
We share our success by doing exactly what made us successful in the first place. There are many ways to do this. Here are a few.
1) Seeing to the needs of others by providing added value to your employer, employees, clients, customers, or followers.
2) By giving away some of your work product. If you are going to survive in business today then you had better learn how to give before you ask.
3) By helping others as they struggle to become successful. Helping others helps them and you. Not only is it the right thing to do, it is a win-win.
4) Leverage your success in order to help worthy causes that have captured your interest and when you do, feel good about it. There is nothing wrong with that.
5) Don’t ever stop working, producing and sharing, as long as you are able. If you do, you will rust or your brain will rot. Besides, there isn’t anyone else like you on this planet. The world will lose the gift of you if you were to just quit. As long as you draw breath, strive to contribute by designing, building, planning, and doing!
I have met a lot of highly motivated people recently through Dan Miller and his 48Days organization at 48Days.net. I have never seen such a large group of individuals that are so engaged in helping others to become what they desire to become, to be the best they can be. They understand that success breeds success, that helping others to achieve is the pathway to personal success.
Have you shared your success with others? What are some other ways you have found to do so? Please return here soon for another installment in the Transformation Series.